Today I am sharing a House Mouse card, the stamp is from Stampendous and isn't she very mumsie? I will keep this image in mind for Mother's Day next year I think.
I stamped the image with Memento ink and coloured with Copics and Spectrum Noir markers, as you can see I have paper pieced the little apron to match the backing papers, I quite enjoy paper piecing, I think it gives a nice dimension to a stamped image. I die cut the image and then distressed around the edges using Antique Linen, I then felt it needed a little something else, so I went around everything with faux stitching using a brown gel pen.
I matted and layered onto some designer paper that matched the food theme and used a die cut border on the mat of the image. I added a circular sentiment which I stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and added a few blobs of stickles in the centre of the little flowers.
To finish I used some pretty flowers, ribbon, gems and not forgetting the strawberry charm. (I hunted high and low for a cherry charm, which would have matched the papers perfectly, but I only had a strawberry!) It doesn't matter how much stash you have, you always need something you haven't got don't you!
- House Mouse Stamp - Mix it up - Joanna Sheen
- Papers - Melissa Frances - Kitschy Kitchen
- Dies - Spellbinders Rectangles/circles - Marianne Design Stitched Border
- Brown gel pen - Sakura
- Sentiment - Lili of the Valley
- Ribbon - The Ribbon Girl
- Gems/charm/flowers - The Hobby House
I hope you like my card and thank you for visiting today. I try to keep my posts to a minimum of info so it does not get too boring for my visitors to read. However, if anybody wants anymore information about which colour markers I use etc, just send a message and I am happy to help.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge 177 - Food, Glorious Food!
- A Little Bit Crafty Challenge - ALBC Distress it!!!
- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes