Thursday 18 September 2014

Ohh La La


Hello,
I thought I would share a bit of a saucy card with you today! I brought this stamp set by Creative Expressions some time ago and decided to revisit it with fresh ideas and I was quite pleased with the results. 
I started by stamping the image with Versafine black ink, I then poured over clear embossing power and heated to give a nice shiny look. I coloured the corset with Copics and cut the image out. 
I cut out a white mat using a Spellbinders die and did some faux stitching around the edge, then I shaped the corset and placed it onto my mat with Pinflair glue gel. 
I printed out some striped backing paper and then randomly stamped the sentiments that came with the stamp set over the paper, again using Versafine black ink and then matted the paper onto some black cardstock. To finish I added a ribbon, button and some twine and a little black gem in the bow on the corset. 
Finally I added an insert and used the sentiment "Of Corsets Your Birthday!" that also came with the set, although I did not photograph this, sorry!  



Products used:

  • Stamps - Creative Expressions Frilly Things 
  • Copics - R85, R83, R81
  • Dies - Spellbinders Labels One
  • Papers - Pink Petticoat Pinstripes Cream 
  • Button, ribbon and twine from stash (In other words I can't remember!)
  • Black Cardstock - Creative Crafting World
I hope you like my card and it gives you some inspiration, I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:





9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Fern and of course the "racy" pink and black combo is perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh La La indeed! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at The Crafting Cafe in our Shades of One Challenge this month!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Fern, I love your image and black and pink is the perfect colour combination to go with it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card and the spots and stripes are perfect for this weeks challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab and sassy card - great girly card. With all the spots and stripes it's just perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came over from your win at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge (Congrats!) to say, GREAT CARD! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a gorgeous card. thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Crafting Café. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shading in your colouring - very three D. Amply so ;)

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafting Cafe, and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I love receiving and reading all your lovely messages. Fern x