Sunday 31 August 2014

Cold Hands, Warm Heart


Hello,
Well I have been a bad blogger and not posted for ages, I know everyone says it, but where did August go?!
Today I am sharing a card with one of the gorgeous new LOTV Christmas stamps and this one is called Cold Hands, Warm Heart, I loved this image when it was released and knew it would be perfect for couples cards this Christmas. 
I coloured the image using Distress Markers onto watercolour card and then added some faux snow using a white gel pen. I inked around the image and matted up with some brown card stock and lovely nordic papers. The sentiment is also from LOTV, I love their handwritten sentiments, they just go with everything. Needless to say I had to have the everyday and the Christmas ones! 
I used a pretty snowflake die cut and finished with some ribbon, buttons, gems and twine. 





Products Used:
  • Stamp and sentiment stamp - Lili of the Valley
  • Distress Markers - Tim Holtz 
  • Papers - First Edition - Nordic Christmas
  • Ribbon - The Ribbon Girl
  • Brown Card - Papermill Direct
  • Snowflake Die - Joy Crafts - Ice Crystal Snowflake
  • Button & Twine from Stash 
I hope you like my card and it gives you some inspiration. By the skin of my teeth I am entering this card into this months Lili of the Valley Challenge - Christmas in August! 


Thanks for visiting today. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, Fern!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Christmas in August' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Fern, love your choice of patterned paper and the snowflake looks wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Fern, I love the way you have coloured your adorable image and your papers and design are fabulous - just perfect.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I love receiving and reading all your lovely messages. Fern x