You are probably thinking that I have lost it today, Christmas.......at the beginning of June! What can I say, I felt the urge to make a Christmas card and felt inspired to join in some of the Christmas challenges out there in blog land. So here is my card using yet another gorgeous Lili of the Valley stamp, this one is called Peace on Earth, she is very adorable.
I have coloured the image using Distress Markers and added some glamour dust to her wings and around her hair. I matted and layered onto some very lovely papers, might NEED another pad of these papers. I felt the papers didn't need to be matted onto yet more card stock and so I used my quicky glue pen and glamour dust and went around all the papers and the image to give some depth and texture. I made the poinsettias by stamping onto vellum using a Versamark ink pad and then I heat embossed using a glittery white embossing powder. I then cut out the poinsettias using my Spellbinders dies and pinched each petal before layering up. I used large clear beads in the centres of the poinsettias using a blob of Pinflair to keep them in place. The sentiment is also a LOTV stamp from the set Christmas circular sentiments set 5. To finish I used some pearls, a charm and a silver ribbon that I picked up in Waitrose sale after Christmas a few years back, I always know these bits and bobs that I acquire will come in handy sometime!
A view from a different angle, you can see the poinsettias better in this picture.
- Image & Sentiment stamps - LOTV
- Colouring medium - Tim Holtz Distress Markers
- Poinsettia Stamps - Heartfelt Creations Petite Poinsettia
- Poinsettia Dies - Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias
- Papers - First Edition Silent Night
- Embossing Powder - Heat it up Snowflake Tinsel (This is one of the first embossing powders I ever brought, so not sure if it's still available)
- Glamour Dust - Joanna Sheen
- Pearls - The Hobby House
- Creative Expressions Large Beads - Joanna Sheen
I have been inspired to enter the following challenges: