Today I am sharing a decoupaged card for a change, using yet another fab House Mouse Design. As it's Father's Day next Sunday here in the UK, I thought it was appropriate to go with a male themed card. I know it's not Autumn yet, but the last card was Christmas, so I am working my way back through the seasons!
To start, I have used a sheet of decoupage from Joanna Sheen's House Mouse Autumn collection, which is sadly not available on her site any longer. I used my Spellbinders dies to make a shaped card and I used the same die set to make a mat with Coredinations cardstock. I then cut an aperture with a Spellbinders rectangle die and sanded down all the edges to reveal the core colour. I layered the aperture over the decoupage to frame the image. I then made these lovely leaves with dies and distress inks, to give the leaves a bit more dimension, I turned them over after I had inked them and used a ball tool to make them pop out a bit more, rather than being flat. I have done these leaves before and love the way they turn out. I added some stitched ribbon and a die cut button from kraft card, which I also distressed. I stamped a sentiment onto kraft card and again distressed the edges. Finally I added some brown card Candi to give a finishing touch to the corners.
You can see the layers of the decoupage clearer on this picture.
- Spellbinders Dies - Grand Labels 1 - Rectangles
- Impression Obsession Dies - Leaves
- House Mouse Decoupage - Joanna Sheen - Autumn
- Coredinations Cardstock - Vintage Collection
- Brown Cardstock - Papermill Direct
- Sentiment Stamp - Woodware - Larger Tie Set
- Kraft Card - Joy Crafts
- Distress Inks - Peeled Paint - Spiced Marmalade - Vintage Photo - Walnut Stain - Aged Mahogany
- Die-namics Die - Buttons
- Ribbon from stash
- Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
I have been inspired to enter the following challenges:
- House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge - Lots of Layers
- Ooh La La Creations Challenge 158 - Father's Day/Male
- The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog - 71 A cute one for Dad
I hope you like my card and would be grateful for any comments you leave.